Following loads of requests for Breezy’s yoghurt cake recipe from clients staying with Ski Breezy in the chalet in Chamonix here it is.
Essentially it is a basic cake mix with different flavouring for each day of the week. Once you get used to it its very quick and easy and you can experiment with different flavourings of your own.
Ingredients and recipe for basic yoghurt cake
- 1 small pot of natural yoghurt (125g)
Use this as a measure for the other ingredients;
- 1 pot sunflower oil,
- 2 pots caster sugar,
- 3 pots Self Raising Flour
- 3 eggs.
Mix all the above together. Add flavourings as desired. Pour into a greased and lightly floured cake tin and bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 mins in middle of the oven. Thats it!!!
Some suggestions for flavourings
- Coffee and walnut – mix 2 tbsp of instant coffee with a small amount of boiling water and add to mix
- Apple and cinnamon – 1 apple chopped into small pieces and cinnamon
- Mars bar – cocoa powder and 2 chopped mars bars
- Pineapple Upside down – line bottom of tin with pineapple rings add juice to cake mix
- Lemon Drizzle – add lemon to the cake mixture and when it comes out of the oven prick the cake with a skewer, pour over more lemon juice and sprinkle caster sugar on top. Leave in tin to cool
- Orange Drizzle – as for lemon drizzle
- Banana – add 1 or 2 mashed bananas
- Banana and Choc chip – same as above plus some choccy chips